Bacon & Veggie Soup
- 1 bacon hock
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnip
- 1/4 piece pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 200g celery sticks
- Kings traditional veggie soup mix packet
- Maggi creme of chicken soup packet
- Salt and Pepper
- Score bacon hock and place at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Grate all of the vegetables and thinly slice the celery then add to the slow cooker.
- Add Kings traditional soup mix packet and salt and pepper.
- Fill with water until the veggies are covered.
- Place lid on and set to high for 4-5 hours.
- In the last hour of cooking, take the lid off and add scoop some of the juice into a cup.
- Add Maggi creme of chicken soup packet to the cup and mix.
- Add back to the slow cooker and mix in. Once mixed place the lid back on and let cook for another hour.
- Serve with Kapiti Artisan Sourdough or Ciabatta Bread with butter and enjoy!