Beef & Mushroom Ragout
- 800g beef
- 200g bacon
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 kumara
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 2 potatoes
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 packet of Mccormick beef and mushroom ragout
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-2 tablespoons flour (optional)
- Cut beef and bacon into cubes and slices and place in slow cooker.
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetable into slices and cubes and place in slow cooker.
- Add can of tomatoes and Mccormick sachet to the slow cooker.
- Add around 1/2 cup of boiling water to the slow cooker and close the lid. Turn on to high and leave for 6 hours giving its a quick stir roughly every hour and a half.
- With around an hour left to cook grab a cup and fill half way with liquid from the slow cooker and add a tablespoon of flour and mix.
- Add back to the slow cooker and stir.
- Repeat if necessary. (adding flour will thicken the sauce)
- Serve with Kapiti Artisan Otaki Sourdough bread and a side of mash potatoes.