Great for a weekday meal, this quick, delicious stir-fry combines thinly sliced beef with tender bok choy and a rich oyster sauce.
2-3 bok choy
1 tbsp. grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
1 tbsp. minced or grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
700gm beef steak thinly sliced
3 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. fish sauce
1/2 medium capsicum
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Trim ends of bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil, and then add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until soft, and then lay beef slices flat on the pan. Cook each side for 1 minute or until browned.
- Stir in bok choy and cook for 1 minute, or until bok choy just starts to wilt.
- Stir in oyster sauce, fish sauce, and capsicum and cook for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm on rice.