Cheesy Mushroom & Spinach Omelette
- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1onion finely diced
- 1cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2Tsp Himalayn Salt - divided
- 1/2Tsp black pepper - divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cream or milk
- 1/2cup grated cheese
- 2Tbsp butter, divided
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- additional black pepper, for garnish
Heat olive oil in large pan over a medium – high heat. Add mushrooms and onion, cooking about 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, then stir in baby spinach until wilted.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to plate and wipe out the pan. Crack eggs into small mixing bowl with 1 Tbsp cream or milk and remaining salt and pepper and beat with a fork until blended and a little frothy.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter to the pan and heat over medium – medium low heat. Add half of beaten egg mixture and stir them around the pan with a rubber spatula, pulling the sides in towards the middle, swirling the pan slightly so the runny egg mixture on top hits the pan and cooks. Cook about 2 minutes, until eggs are just slightly shiny on top.
- Add half of mushroom mixture to one side of the omelette, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Carefully lift up the edge of the omelette and check to see if the eggs are lightly golden on the bottom. Once they are, gently fold it over the filling.
- Slide omelette out of skillet and onto plate to serve. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining butter, egg mixture, mushroom mixture and cheese. Serve garnished with minced parsley and extra black pepper if desired.