Fruit & Veggie Storage Tips.
Share with us some of your tips for storing your produce in our blog.
- If you take our super fresh lettuce and do the below, you will find it to be still crunchy and good to go after a couple of weeks.
- Lettuce to extend the life of - break off the leaves, rinse under cold water, shake off excess water and place in a plastic container. Lettuce will remain crisp for days in the fridge.
- Carrots are best kept in dare I say - a plastic bag if you have one but don't seal the bag or in a container in the fridge and cover with a damp cloth or handee towel.
- Tomatoes - don't refrigerate as they are cold sensitive. Store in a bowl away from other fruits.
- General storage of fruits & veggies. Did you know that fruit gives off high levels of ethylene gas (a ripening agent), so if you store fruit with greens, it can cause the greens to turn yellow in a few days. Greens are very sensitive to the ethylene gas. So store your fruit in a separate part in the fridge.