- 2 x Chicken thighs boneless (one for each person)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 3tbs Brown Sugar
- 1tbs Mirin Sauce
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (Can adjust to liking)
- 1/4 Mirin Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3cm piece of Ginger
- Chilli Flakes (Add to liking of spice)
- 2 Spring Onion Stalks - Cut into 3rds
- 1 pack Ramen Noodles
- 6 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Joi Choi
- 1 stalk Spring Onion - thinly sliced
- 2 Eggs
- Pre Cut Veggies eg. Mushrooms, Joi Choi, Spring Onion.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Bake.
- Marinate the chicken, toss all ingredients together and set sit while the oven heats up.
- Place Chicken on baking paper and put into oven soft side up. Set timer for 20-25 minutes.
For this step you will need 2 pots.
- In pot 1, fill with water halfway and bring to boil, add in Joi Choi and cook til tender. Remove and place on chopping board then cover with a bit of Soy Sauce and let sit.
- In pot 2, place 4 cups of chicken stock and bring to boil, then add Soy Sauce, Mirin Sauce, Fish Sauce, Chilli Flakes, Spring Onion, Grated Ginger and Garlic, bring to boil then lower heat to simmer. Let this simmer away til you are ready to assemble.
- Add Mushrooms in with the Chicken at around the 10 minute mark and cover with marinade.
- While pot 2 is cooking, place eggs in the boiling water of pot 1, let cook for 6 minutes (soft/runny). Remove from boiling water and put under cold water and peel immediately.
- Flavour test your base and add adjust to your liking.
- Place Ramen Noodles in pot 1 and cook according to instructions on packet. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Remove Chicken and Mushroom from oven.
- Place Chicken on chopping board and slice.
- Assemble time - Start by placing Ramen in a bowl, pour base over top.
- Place your toppings around the bowl as you please.