Homemade Veggie Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/8 - 1/4 pumpkin
- 2 capsicum (one orange one red)
- 1 brown onion
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 5 tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- Turn oven on to 220 degrees fan bake. Cut veggies to roughly the same size and place on a baking tray big enough for everything to be spread out. Drizzle a generous amount of olive, nutritional yeast and salt & pepper to taste, toss and place in oven for 20 mins. Give veggies a toss and place back in oven for another 20 mins.
- Place veggies into a blender with your tomato puree and 1/2 cup of water (more or less depending on the desired consistency) and blend until smooth. From here you can taste and adjust! eg. more salt and pepper or tomato paste.
- Pour over your pasta of choice and enjoy!
This recipe is a perfect way to get rid of any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge and can be adjusted to what you have left! Add whichever veggies you like in!