Mushroom & Dumpling Soup
- 300g portobello mushroom
- 4 garlic clove
- 1cm cube fresh ginger
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/12 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 dumplings (see our recipe on how to make homemade dumplings)
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 joi choi
- spring onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chilli (optional)
- Dice onion into small cubes and sauté in olive oil until translucent.
- Dice or grate garlic and ginger into small cubes and and to the pot to sauté for a few minutes.
- Slice portabello mushrooms and add to the pot. Once they start to brown, add sesame oil, chilli and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in the stock. Add soy sauce and simmer on a low hear with the lid on for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Once 15 - 20 minutes is up taste test to see if it needs any more ginger, garlic or soy sauce to your taste.
- Chop the bottoms off the Joi Choi and separate the leaves. Add the leaves to the pot along with the dumplings.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the dumplings are cooked and its ready to serve!
- Serve in bowls topped with sliced spring onions. You can also add some extra soy sauce or chilli if you wish.