Red Cabbage and Carrot Slaw.
Tossed with a Apple Cider Vinaigrette, this tangy slaw is light, crunchy & refreshing.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded
- 4 large carrots grated
- 1 onion finely diced
FOR THE APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey , as needed for sweetness
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place shredded cabbage, carrots and onions in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, garlic, oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, chili powder, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley