Rhubarb & Apple Crumble
- 5 apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp finely grated lemon grind
- 6 rhubarb stems, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour, extra
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 80g butter, chilled, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180° fan-forced.
- Place apples, caster sugar, cinnamon, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of water in a large pot over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until apple starts to soften.
- Add Rhubarb and flour. Cook, covered for 3 minutes or until rhubarb just softens.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Combine oats, extra flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 35 mins or until golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes then dust with icing sugar and serve. Serve with cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.